United Tractor Trailer School
710 Fuller Road
Chicopee, MA 01020

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)


Q. Can I drive a Class B vehicle with a Class A license?
A. Yes. With a Class A license you can drive anything below it.


Q. What do I need to start a class?
A. To start our Class A course, you need a Class A permit and a Department of Transportation Physical (D.O.T. Physical). To start our Class B course, you need a Class B permit and a Department of Transportation Physical (D.O.T. Physical).

Image of United CDL Truck in Training


Q. Are you approved for veterans?
A. Yes we are approved for veterans.


Q. How old do you have to be to get a commercial driver’s license?
A. You have to be at least 18 years of age to get a C.D.L. If you are under 21 years of age, you can only drive intrastate (inside of your state of residence).


Q. Do you offer career placement assistance?
A. Yes, United Tractor Trailer School, Inc. arranges seminars with several major trucking companies. Representatives from these companies come into our school to speak with our students about opportunities with their companies.


We offer CDL career placement assistance
with major trucking companies!

Image of United CDL Training


Q. What kind of training will I receive at United Tractor Trailer School, Inc.?
A. Your training will consist of classroom, field and on road driving.


Q. Do I have to quit my job to attend classes at United Tractor Trailer School, Inc.?
A. No. We offer full time days, part time evenings as well as part time weekends. We will customize a class to fit your busy schedule.


Q. Is truck driving a suitable career for a woman?
A. Yes. Truck driving is a great career for any gender. We have had several women complete our course and go on to have very successful careers as truck drivers.