Class B with Passenger Endorsement (Bus)



To practice driving for a Class B with Passenger Endorsement Commercial Drivers License (CDL), you first need to obtain a Commercial Drivers Instruction Permit (CDIP) with the Passenger Endorsement. You cannot practice driving a rig with just a regular drivers license.

Before studying, make sure you’re eligible to obtain a CDL. In most states you’ll need to meet the following requirements:

  • You’re at least 18. If you want to drive interstate (across country, from state to state) you must be at least 21.
  • You own a valid drivers license.

If eligible, you’ll need to pass a Commercial Drivers Instruction Permit test to obtain a CDIP with the Passenger Endorsement. This test involves no driving. It’s a written exam similar to the one you passed for your regular driver license. The difference are that the multiple choice questions only address commercial driving topics.

Become prepared by studying your state’s CDL manual and taking a few practice permit tests, readily available here.

Class B with Passenger, students must have both their Learner’s Permit with the Passenger Endorsement and D.O.T. Physical prior to class start date.

United Tractor Trailer School, Inc.,  will supply a truck and sponsor for up to, and including, Three (3) Class B with Passenger Endorsement road test appointments with the Registry of Motor Vehicles. Each additional Class B with Passenger Endorsement appointment will be made at the cost of $100.00 to the student.